FORM 2290 RELATED DOCUMENTS
Form 2290- Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return is most important form for all the Trukers to file the excise Tax. On form, 2290 tax returns have to mention all the truck VIN numbers and Business information. Once form 2290 filed with the IRS, IRS issues the stamped Schedule 1 as proof of 2290 Filing. This schedule 1 all the truckers can use to renew or register the tag. All the truckers and 2290 prepares can file 2290 online at form2290filing.com and get the schedule 1 in Minutes.
- Figure and pay the form 2290 tax due on highway motor vehicles used during the period with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more.
- Figure and pay the form 2290 tax due on a vehicle for which you completed the suspension statement on another Form 2290 if that vehicle later exceeded the mileage use limit during the period.
- Figure and pay the form 2290 tax due if, during the period, the taxable gross weight of a vehicle increases and the vehicle falls into a new category.
- Claim suspension from the form 2290 tax when a vehicle is expected to be used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles) during the period.
- Claim a credit for form 2290 tax paid on vehicles that were destroyed, stolen, sold, or used 5,000 miles or less (7,500 miles or less for agricultural vehicles).
- Report acquisition of a used taxable vehicle for which the tax has been suspended.
- Figure and pay the form 2290 tax due on a used taxable vehicle acquired and used during the period. Form 2290 current year and previous years forms & instructions - Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return. These 2290 forms are given below for reference only. File 2290 only with form2290filing.com and Get your IRS accepted form 2290 Schedule 1 in Minutes.
Signature Authorization Forms Download
Previous Year 2290 Forms Download
Calculate your Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) using 2290 Calculator
Just enter all of your details into our tax calculator, and you can find out the right amount you need to pay. We'll instantly calculate the amount you owe with guaranteed 100% accuracy.
Who Must File HVUT IRS 2290 Form?
If you’re a trucker with a vehicle that has a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more, you are required to file HVUT 2290 form electronically to get a stamped copy of your Schedule 1. You must file for any taxable highway motor vehicles that are required to be registered in your name under state, District of Columbia, Canadian, or Mexican law at the time of its first use during the tax period.