Form 2290 Online Filing is the best choice for all truckers to report their vehicles to the IRS. Trustable and IRS Authorized Efile Provider will give you the best filing experience for you. Therefore, choose the best 2290 Online Provider and get all the benefits of efiling. We have given different advantages and the benefits you get with those advantages of online filing. Immediately have a look at the advantages of Form 2290 Efiling and get Form 2290 Schedule 1 Proof instantly.
1. Quick Filing
2. Easy Filing
3. Error-Free Filing
4. Easy 2290 VIN Correction
5. US-based support
6. Paper Free Filing
7. Bulk Upload
8. On-Time Filing
9. Instant Notification
10. Claim Tax Credits
11. Rejection-Free Filing
12. Immediate 2290 Schedule 1 Proof
Frequently asked questions
What is IRS 2290 Form Online ?
Anyone who is filing a return for 25 or more vehicles is required to file electronically. For any filer looking for simplicity, form2290filing .com is the best choice. With our simplified e-filing process, we provide you with the easiest way to file 2290 Form Online FormForm and get your stamped Schedule 1 in minutes.
The electronic version of IRS Form 2290 will improve excise tax processing, expedite refunds, save personal resources (e.g., time & postage) and reduce preparation and processing errors. Your 2290 Schedule 1 will be available almost immediately (once your return is accepted by the IRS) through form2290online
No more waiting for it to come in the mail or standing in line at the IRS office!
All you will need to do is:
- Create your account with form2290filing
- Enter Basic Business Details,
- Enter EIN (Employer Identification Number) '
- Enter VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Gross Weight of the Vehicle (Combined Gross Weight)
- Choose your irs payment method
- Transmit information to the IRS
- Receive your Stamped Schedule 1
Once you have transmitted your return to the IRS, and it is accepted, you will receive your stamped Schedule 1 back in just minutes! It is that simple.
What is Heavy Vehicle Use Tax?
The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax is paid by Form 2290 annually for heavy vehicles operating on public highways with registered gross weights equal to or exceeding 55,000 pounds.
How do you determine the gross taxable weight of a vehicle? It’s simple, just add the following:
- The actual unloaded tare weight of the vehicle fully equipped for service
- The actual unloaded weight of any trailers or semitrailers fully equipped for service customarily used in combination with the vehicle, and
- The weight of the maximum load customarily carried on the vehicle and on any trailers or semitrailers customarily used in combination with the vehicle
- For buses, the taxable gross weight is its actual unloaded weight fully equipped for service, plus 150 pounds for each seat provided for passengers and the driver
HVUT 2290 Form Online Tax Calculations
The tax year for Form 2290 starts in July 1st of each year and ends in June 30 of the following year. If the gross taxable weight is between 55,000 to 75,000 pounds, the HVUT is $100, plus $22 per 1,000 pounds over 55,000 pounds. For over 75,000-pound vehicles, the maximum HVUT is $550 per year. The taxes are lower for logging vehicles—vehicles primarily used for exclusive transport of products harvested from the forest and that are registered with a state agency as such.
The table below shows the taxes for logging and regular trucks:
|Taxable Gross Weight||Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Rate||Logging Vehicle Rate|
|Below 55,000 lbs||No Tax||No Tax|
|55,000 to 75,000 lbs||$100 plus $22 per 1000 lbs over 55,000 lbs||$75 plus $16.5 per 1000 lbs over 55,000 lbs|
|Over 75,000 lbs||$550||$412.50|
There are several groups that receive exemptions from the HVUT. These include:
- The Federal Government
- State or local governments, including the District of Columbia
- The American Red Cross
- Nonprofit volunteer fire departments, ambulance associations, or rescue squads
- Indian tribal governments (for vehicles used in essential tribal government functions)
- Mass transportation authorities
These are the vehicles that are exempt from the HVUT:
- Vehicles not considered highway motor vehicles - e.g., mobile machinery for non-transportation functions, vehicles specifically designed for off-highway transportation, and non-transportation trailers and semi-trailers
- Qualified blood collector vehicles used by qualified blood collector organizations
- Mobile machinery that is used for non-transportation purposes
Exempt carriers may be required to file tax forms with the IRS or notify the local department of motor vehicles (DMV) of the exempt status being claimed
Other vehicles that are exempt based on the number of miles driven are:
- Commercial vehicles traveling fewer than 5,000 miles annually
- Agricultural vehicles traveling fewer than 7,500 miles annually
The above vehicles are called Suspended Vehicles, but still must be reported to the IRS.
Why you must pay HVUT 2290 Form Online?
Anyone who registers a heavy highway motor vehicle in their name with a gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more must file Form 2290 and pay the tax. Typically, owners of vans, pickup trucks, panel trucks, etc., are not required to file or pay tax on these smaller trucks. Trucks that are used for 5,000 miles or less (7,500 for farm trucks) are required to file a return but are excluded from paying the tax.
The Federal HTF protects the nation's investment in our transportation infrastructure. In 2007 alone, Federal HTF receipts topped $39.9 billion, with $34.9 billion dedicated to the HTF's Highway Account. The Federal HTF finances a broad spectrum of transportation investments, including:
- Highway improvements (e.g., land acquisition and other right-of-way costs, preliminary and construction engineering, construction and reconstruction, resurfacing and restoration costs of roadways and bridges)
- Highway and bridge maintenance activities
- Highway law enforcement
- Safety programs (e.g., driver education and training, vehicle inspection programs, enforcement of vehicle size and weight limits)
- Congestion relief projects
- Debt service
- Administrative costs (e.g., research, engineering)
Investment in our nation's highway infrastructure helps:
- Save lives, time and money
- Reduce the number and severity of crashes for all kinds of vehicles
- Enhance the ability of the entire community of emergency responders
- Lower fuel and insurance costs
- Increase mobility
- Ease congestion
- Decrease energy consumption
- Boost air quality
- Improve the efficient movement of goods
- Raise business productivity
- Strengthen the nation's economic productivity
Since the vast majority of all funds contributed by states to the Federal HTF are returned through highway fund apportionments, there is a direct incentive for state agencies to take necessary measures to enhance HVUT compliance.
2290 Form Online, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return is available for electronic filing. The electronic version of Form 2290 will improve excise tax processing, expedite refunds, save personal resources (e.g., time & postage) and reduce preparation and processing errors. Schedule 1 will be available almost immediately (once your return is accepted by the IRS) through form2290filing .com - no more waiting for it to come in the mail!
Taxpayers filing 2290 Online Form reporting 25 or more vehicles for any taxable period are required form 2290 tax return through an IRS-approved software provider.
2290 Electric Filing for the 2022 Season is Open!
e-File 2290 Form now and get your IRS accepted 2290 stamped Schedule 1 in minutes!
IRS approved 2290 Form Online Provider
Try not to waste your time attempting to file your 2290 yourself through paper or mailing.2290 Form Online on our website and ensure the accuracy of the information, present yourself as witness for 2290 Form Online accuracy.
Say Good Bye ….! To traditionally filing through paper and had taken weeks to complete, can now get everything in minutes!